Music making with aspergers and ADHD — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Music making with aspergers and ADHD

aspergers_and_me
aspergers_and_me Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi everyone,   I make music as a hobby. I love it, but i struggle because of self sabotage , and adhd, and not being connected to my emotions all the time.   I was wondering about other people, do you make music and how to you overcome your problems?
Tagged:

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Campaigns Posts: 12,487 Disability Gamechanger
    Really interesting question @aspergers_and_me :) I don't make music, so can't speak from personal experience, but I hope someone in a similar situation sees your post soon!

In what way do you feel as though you self sabotage yourself when making music?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • Danip
    Danip Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Hi @aspergers_and_me ! This self-sabotage feeling happens to me when I have to organise myself to produce something, for example, writing. I found out that it's like a shutdown mechanism to avoid my self-criticism or protect myself from overwhelming sensation. What helps me is to try and advance slowly, change the activity and then come back again. I hope it helps you too :) . Take care!

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.