10 year recipient of ESA income related in support group, now received an appointment with work coa — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

10 year recipient of ESA income related in support group, now received an appointment with work coa

Qcori
Qcori Community member Posts: 5 Listener
I have been on ESA for over ten years, initially on ESA in youth whilst at uni. I am in the income related support group.I have just received a letter giving me a telephone appointment with a work coach in relation to new style ESA and "claimant commitments".  I am worried and Don't understand why this is happening etc....?

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Qcori

Welcome to the community, good to see you join us. 

Sorry to hear about this situation, it must be quite frustrating and confusing. Will you be calling tomorrow morning to try and find out what has happened?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    If you are on income based ESA that makes no sense and you should query it. Just to confirm - you haven't claimed Universal Credit?
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Qcori
    calcotti said:
    If you are on income based ESA that makes no sense and you should query it. Just to confirm - you haven't claimed Universal Credit?
    Nope, no UC, I haven't had ot reviewed for a long time. But shall be ringing first thing in the morning, as I don't know if it's their way of moving mee over to UC, or its a **** up,wouldn't be the first!!
  • calcotti
    edited October 2021
    Qcori said: ... as I don't know if it's their way of moving mee over to UC, or its a **** up,..
    It sounds more like the latter. Let us know how you get on.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi 

Your not the first person to say this maybe something triggering this from dwp

Be interested to see what they say 
  • Qcori
    calcotti said:
    Qcori said: ... as I don't know if it's their way of moving mee over to UC, or its a **** up,..
    It sounds more like the latter. Let us know how you get on.
    So I phoned today, basically because my PIP was renewed last year, it had alerted ESA, so became a new action on my file, so job centre saw it as a new application for ESA. So thankfully an error and if has been resolved...PHEW!!!
  • calcotti
    Thanks for updating. It is useful to hear these things because it may help when advising someone else in future.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.