New Build Homes / Rural with vocational activities .. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

New Build Homes / Rural with vocational activities ..

Options
Tamas2626
Tamas2626 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
hello ,

i am researching living for the disabled as i am in search of wonderful fulfilling accomodation for a friend and i wonder why social service know so very little ...

hope to meet and discuss for young people starting out on a fantastic life and old people after a life time of changing homes and feeling dropped out of visability

hope to find out alot more aboout what exists and what is needed. 

why does there seem to be so little choice at this time when there is so much new build going on. Can some of it be for disabled life style ?

does anyone know of a rural location , with training and vocational activities ... food growing, workshops, cars, animals, art, paid work ...is this out there somewhere.

or do we build one!

I know we dont want isolation ..integration. imagine a National trust properties but we all live there with transport and travel and a network of similar places to visit and a whole wonderful community both able and other abled.

kind regards  

Comments

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Tamas2626

Welcome to Scope's forum. It is great to see you have joined us. How are you? In terms of accommodation, you may benefit from our discussion section about housing. If you are interested, you can view it at https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussions/tagged/housing. I hope this is helpful but if you need anything else or have any further questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to us again  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Tamas2626
    Tamas2626 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    edited October 2021
    Options
    thank you so much .

in our experience my elderly friend is entering a time in his life when he is being mis represented and given residential accomodation by the local social services with total disregard for his abilites.
    he is no stranger to a wheel chair having been born with walking difficulties and has over come so much including learning to walk and working. now we have been moved on a regular basis every year at least twice and no regular old people home suits his determination to be out and about and make the most of everything he can do ...he feels he has no home. he deserves more and to be with like minded people.

hope to keep the research up ..

have already been quite moved by a post from a mother saying she would like a great place for a 20 year old boy looking to be independent ... she seems to have no replies .... there should be choices for her young adult son surely .

kind regards 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Tamas2626

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately, accommodation is not my area of expertise so I am hoping someone with more knowledge about accommodation can respond to you soon. However, in the meantime, I just want to say sorry because I hear how difficult this must be for your friend. Also, thank you for signposting the other person's post to us. Hopefully, someone with more knowledge about accommodation can also locate and respond to their post soon. Take care, keep up the great research and I will look forward to hearing from you again soon  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.