New to the Coffee Lounge and new to Scope community — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

New to the Coffee Lounge and new to Scope community

fahmida45
fahmida45 Community member Posts: 38 Courageous
edited October 2021 in Coffee lounge
Hi everyone,
My name is Fahmida and new to the coffee lounge. I would like to get to know everyone else and make some friends here. 

Few things about myself to start out

21 years old 
Luton, Bedfordshire
additonal needs
Recently left college
likes anime and reading comics
Into watching Doctor Who
Cats Lover 

Comments

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Fahmida,

Thanks for joining and sharing a bit about yourself.

Luton is not far from me at all - I know the town a little bit.

What are you hoping to do now that you’ve left college?
  • fahmida45
    Hi it’s nice meeting you,

Recently left college couple of months ago I plan to work on my personal development and in the future look for employement.

anything about yourself? 

• 66Mustang
    I like cars and driving, and I like food :yum:

Also, am currently studying economics at A level. What did you study at college?
  • fahmida45
     Hi,

Studies Art and Design Level 1,2 and 3 at college. What do you plan doing with Economics? Are you first year then at college?
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    hi @fahmida45 and a warm welcome to scope, great to meet you and look forward to seeing you around the forum.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• fahmida45
    Hello @woodbine

it’s nice meeting you and hope to get to chat you on the forum soon. I am glad that I join Scope community and wish to join sooner.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community Feel free to join in or ask any questions 
  • fahmida45
    Hello @janer1967

nice to meet you and hope to chat with you on the forum soon.
  • 66Mustang
    Hi @fahmida45

Sorry for not getting back yesterday, I went to bed early.

Art sounds like a good topic to study, well done for doing that.

I'm studying remotely, part time. I had to drop out of college due to health when I was the proper age so now I'm a bit older I'm studying from home. :)
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @fahmida45

Welcome to the community, thanks for introducing yourself, it's lovely to meet you.

Good to hear you are a Doctor Who fan! Who is your favourite Doctor?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • fahmida45
    Hi @Ross_Scope

Its nice to meet you and hope to chat to you too. 

My favourite Doctor is David Tennant and Matt Smith because they are funny and witty. What about you? Are you going to watch the latest series yet and seen the new teaser trailer?
  • fahmida45
    Hello @66Mustang

thats fine and great to hear you are still doing your studies despite your circumstances. What are you doing this week by the way? thanks for that.
  • 66Mustang
    @fahmida45

Just a quiet week this week for me, how about you? :)
  • Ross_Alumni
    fahmida45 said:
    Hi @Ross_Scope

Its nice to meet you and hope to chat to you too. 

My favourite Doctor is David Tennant and Matt Smith because they are funny and witty. What about you? Are you going to watch the latest series yet and seen the new teaser trailer?
    I'd say the same as you, but Matt Smith would be my number one with DT second. I think I will start watching the new series, but I haven't enjoyed the show as much in recent years because I think the writing has taken quite a dip.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,979 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @fahmida45

Welcome to Scope's forum. It is great to see you have joined us. Oh, what a great first post you have made! Do you have any particular favourite comics?

Since you have given us seven facts about you, I will do the same: 

• I am currently studying for a Masters degree in Education with a focus on Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
    • My favourite colour is purple
    • I love animals, especially dogs
    • In my spare time, I enjoy listening to music
    • I also find walks relaxing
    • To switch off, I enjoy watching Disney
    • I am loving that it is jumper season
    Nice to greet you. I will look forward to hearing from you again soon  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • imber
    imber Community member Posts: 4 Connected
    Hi i'm new here my name is steve and i live in rutland. i live with a mad standard poodle named Violet
  • Ross_Alumni
    imber said:
    Hi i'm new here my name is steve and i live in rutland. i live with a mad standard poodle named Violet
    Welcome to the community Steve :) 

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,979 Disability Gamechanger
    imber said:
    Hi @imber

Welcome to Scope's forum. It is great to see you have joined us. Aww, how is Violet?  :D
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • imber
    imber Community member Posts: 4 Connected
    Violet is fine she’s been out, had her dinner and some of my dinner and is now curled up asleep in the dest chair while I sit in the chair with a spring coming through. 

• fahmida45
    @66Mustang

nothing much to be honest this week and just staying at okay.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.