VAT Relief — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

VAT Relief

Daniel_2021 Member Posts: 56 Courageous
I'm not sure if people know but some items that support disabled people qualify for VAT relief i.e aids.
This VAT relief can also be used for certain building work like ramps to the house or building a downstairs loo. The company does need to be VAT registered and agree to be part of the VAT relief scheme but it can save you some money.
I'm not 100% sure of the full criteria, I spoke to the HMRC today regarding my circumstances for clarification and although it took about 40 minutes to get through.
The above is only intended for people to consider as something to explore should they be buying something or have an adaptation made to their house, it isn't intended as 100% guidance as I'm still learning it myself. It's well worth exploring though.



Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.