Hi, my name is Julia70! I am very anxious about the LCWRA process — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Hi, my name is Julia70! I am very anxious about the LCWRA process

Julia70 Member Posts: 1 Listener
edited October 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi can someone please help with an enquiry I have.
I left my job in teaching due to a back problem from a while back that has got worse.
I have been claiming Universal Credit and I come under the LCW.
I receive PIP for the daily living rate and for the daily mobility.
I recently spoke to turn2us who were very supportive and advised me that with my condition and mental health due to years of reasons which I wont go into that I should be claiming LCWRA. Due to my mental health I truly can not do this on my own and I am thinking of approaching my local CAB to be advocate. I am very anxious of the process as I have to go into my past history. Is there any advice given and how long does it take.


  • janer1967
    janer1967 Member Posts: 13,272 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community 

    You say you are lcw already so presume you have already had a assessment if your condition has worsened then you need to report a change in circumstances 

    I would suggest getting expert advice before doing anything maybe contact welfare rights for support 

    The process will be the same as before filling in the uc50 form and having a assessment the timescales are quite long currently due to backlogs and can take months 


Need to talk?

Over Christmas the online community might be a little quieter than usual, so if you need urgent emotional support or if you feel like you might be in crisis, please read up about how to stay safe for now and find help.

You can also speak to somebody in confidence by calling Samaritans on 116 123 for free or send an email to
[email protected]

Of course, if you feel like you might be at risk right now, please call 999 or visit your local hospital.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.