Hi, my name is Julia70! I am very anxious about the LCWRA process — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Julia70! I am very anxious about the LCWRA process

Options
Julia70
Julia70 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited October 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi can someone please help with an enquiry I have.
I left my job in teaching due to a back problem from a while back that has got worse.
I have been claiming Universal Credit and I come under the LCW.
I receive PIP for the daily living rate and for the daily mobility.
I recently spoke to turn2us who were very supportive and advised me that with my condition and mental health due to years of reasons which I wont go into that I should be claiming LCWRA. Due to my mental health I truly can not do this on my own and I am thinking of approaching my local CAB to be advocate. I am very anxious of the process as I have to go into my past history. Is there any advice given and how long does it take.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community 

You say you are lcw already so presume you have already had a assessment if your condition has worsened then you need to report a change in circumstances 

I would suggest getting expert advice before doing anything maybe contact welfare rights for support 

The process will be the same as before filling in the uc50 form and having a assessment the timescales are quite long currently due to backlogs and can take months 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.