Hello — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hello

zebragal
zebragal Community member Posts: 11 Listener
Hello Everyone. 

I thought i would just introduce myself, Even though i am sure i have posted here years ago on another Account but cant remember. I have been involved with scope with a while and not my first time on the forums, but i am new to posting. I normally just read posts. 

I am sophia, I am 29 from Milton Keynes, I am a ambulatory wheelchair user and my main disability is Ehlers Danlos Syndrome. I am a animal lover and have a cat called Luna and 3 male guinea pigs. I also love Photography and love being able to get my camera out when my health allows. 

I have a passion with helping other disabled people, work on various campaigns and my passion is improving accessibility for all disabled people which i am currently trying to achieve in my local area. 

I have also just started at the open university, studying a BA honours in health and social care 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community Thanks for sharing with us about yourself and I hope you enjoy your time here

Sounds like you keep yourself busy 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @zebragal

Wishing you a warm welcome, it's lovely to see you posting :) 

Thank you for introducing yourself, you certainly seem to have a lot of passions and hobbies. Luna is a super name for a cat, is she named after the Harry Potter character?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,979 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @zebragal

Welcome to Scope's forum. It is great to see you have joined us. I especially appreciate that you felt comfortable enough to tell us more about who you are as a person. It is always great to get to know you and it would also explain your Scope forum username! Do you like Zebras by any chance?  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • zebragal
    Yes I do like Zebras, plus as i have Ehlers Danlos Syndrome, it is kind of our mascot 
  • zebragal
    Hello @zebragal

Wishing you a warm welcome, it's lovely to see you posting :) 

Thank you for introducing yourself, you certainly seem to have a lot of passions and hobbies. Luna is a super name for a cat, is she named after the Harry Potter character?

Hi, 

Yes i do have a lot of passions and hobbies, but really the main ones are just disability work and advocating, and Photography 

No she is not. I dont even watch Harry potter, I just always liked the name, and is better then the name that she came to use with 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,979 Disability Gamechanger
    Aww, good point @zebragal :) I had a couple more questions for you if you would like to expand on the information you shared with us. They are (1) Is there a specific aspect of photography you enjoy and (b) how is your degree going for you so far?  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Connected
    Welcome to the community @zebragal :)
  • zebragal
    Aww, good point @zebragal :) I had a couple more questions for you if you would like to expand on the information you shared with us. They are (1) Is there a specific aspect of photography you enjoy and (b) how is your degree going for you so far?  :)
    1. No there is no specific aspect. I just love photography and is just relaxes me and i can just forget everyone else and feel so calm with a camera in my hand, but there is something magical about being able to capture everyday life and the beauty of nature. I mainly do nature, landscape and animals, even though i am hoping to branch into do people photography, photos for advertising and a lot more to capture the life of disabled and buildings. 

2. My degree is not going too bad. but just started on 2nd october, and decided to go back after had to drop out a few year ago. It is a bit hard at the moment as my DSA is being slow and still waiting on SFE to approve all my support and equipment 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @zebragirl - & welcome to posting on the community, Sophia. Your user name wasn't a surprise to me as I also have EDS as my main disability. I hope to see you continue posting on the forum, & I hope your degree course goes well. :)

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.