Fibromyalgia ? Can anybody give me guidance on getting a move? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Fibromyalgia ? Can anybody give me guidance on getting a move?

Options
debbiedougal
debbiedougal Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi everyone I’m new here. I joined as I’m struggling with Fibromyalgia and other ailments and mental health. My home is a flat and although there is a lift (which I can’t use because it gives me flash backs) when I’m in a flare up I can’t walk down stairs let and lone up them. I have been trying to move to a ground floor via all the homeswapping sites but to no avail as everyone seems to need a garden. Can anyone point me in the right direction for some guidance about getting moved . My housing association only have places a million miles away   

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,753 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI,
    Are you able to widen your search area? This may give you more option. Privately renting isn't easy either because if you rely on benefits to help pay your rent then a lot of landlords don't accept us. You may find a few but the ones that do will likely ask for a guarantor.
    I'm not sure what they could offer with the stairs because it's communal and a stair lift won't be ideal in this situation.
    I'm sorry i don't have any other suggestions other than to widen your search area if you can so that this will give you the best chance.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I am in the same position I got a house landlord picked me my son was going to be guarantor and now he has pulled out and if I can't get this house now I will be homeless as I have to leave my house I am in now in 3 weeks 
  • redge
    redge Community member Posts: 2 Connected
    Options
    Hi, have you tried occupational health. They can get in touch with your association and tell them your needs. Try and get other services involved too. Is your GP willing to draft you a report, about your condition, and what difficulties your having. I know it hard to even see a GP at the moment, but it’s worth a try. Hope you get what you need. Take care ?
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,496 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @debbiedougal :) I'm sorry to hear about your difficult housing situation. Have you had a chance to look at the above suggestions? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.