Pip letter and the report is through — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Pip letter and the report is through

lisa1827 Member Posts: 14 Listener
edited October 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi, so i got my husband decision letter and report through this morning.

Ive recorded the full telephone assesment and thefe is things left out of the decision  my husband also get the LCWAWRA i think that what it is the higher payment from UC..

He only scraped 8 point for care nothing at all for mobility they said he can socialize with doc etc even though that wasnt said all his app is attended with myself or his mum he has no eye contact with anyone..there was no mention of his autsim or social anxiety or adhd they have wrote he takes quetiapine for sleep nothing to do with his anxiety or adhd yes its also for sleeping but i ? feel hes been let down on this assessment..


  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Posts: 7,005

    Scope community team

    I'm sorry to hear that your husband hasn't had the result he might have been hoping for @lisa1827

    Do you think you might submit a mandatory reconsideration (MR)? This would give him an opportunity to explain where he should have scored points, and give some evidence for that. 

    It's important to remember that LCWRA and PIP are different benefits with different descriptors, so getting one won't necessarily mean getting the other. You can refresh yourself on the PIP descriptors if needed on pipinfo.net :)
    Online Community Coordinator, she/her

    Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

    Want to tell us how we're doing? Complete our feedback form now.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 25,533 Disability Gamechanger
    Exeprt advice is needed here before you do anything else to check if he can score anymore points for a higher award.
     Recording the assessment is not going to get a higher PIP award. You won't be able to use that recording for the MR or any Tribunal.
    For expert advice start here https://advicelocal.uk/

  • janer1967
    janer1967 Member Posts: 13,272 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community 

    As above if you disagree with the decision then you should put in for mr 

    The assessor report will not go into word for word what was said it is a recommendation based on the assessor opinion of functionality against the descriptors 

    Put the report away and focus on your own evidence.  For each descriptor you disagree with give real examples of what happens when he tries to complete the tasks 
  • lisa1827
    lisa1827 Member Posts: 14 Listener
    Thanks for the info. Yes i have an appointment wih money matters. It says he engaged on the call and answered all the questions however he answered 2 things and it was yes and no was the 2 answers. Like a said i recorded the full assessment. So hopefully once i get the help from money matters i will get it sent back to them. 

    Am i right in saying it has to be written and sent back to them or can this be emailed.. i dont his application online initially.

    Thanks in advance 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Member Posts: 13,272 Disability Gamechanger
    You should put the mr in writing 

    Did you make them aware you were recording the assessment , as there are procedures in place for recording and providing a copy for them 

    If not all you can do is use it for your own recollection 

    As above forget about the assessment report and concentrate on your own evidence 
  • lisa1827
    lisa1827 Member Posts: 14 Listener
    Thank for the help, yes i did u was advised to do this by money matter at the time when i was filling out the form online initially 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 25,533 Disability Gamechanger
    Even with permission, you can only use it if you have it professionally transcribed at your cost, which isn't cheap. I always prefer to concentrate on filling out my forms with at least 2 real worlds examples for each descriptor that applies. Recording the assessment isn't going to help with anything.
  • lisa1827
    lisa1827 Member Posts: 14 Listener
    Thanks  Its helps myself as i can go between that and form and decision letter regardless if it means anything to dwp its helps myself.  Will send the MR next week via recorded delivery so i have proof of delivery and dates etc as there only 30 days to apply for the MR it says.  The woman in money matters said she expected him to get enhanced care and low mobility. The mobility side i wasnt to sure on anyway so im not to fussed on that but i certainly feel that the care should be enhanced and not standard. 

    Thanks again eveyone 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 25,533 Disability Gamechanger
    Sending recorded delivery (signed for) is a complete waste of money. It has to go through the same mail sorting process as every other mail going to DWP.  It's signed for by someone from Royal Mail, not by someone from DWP. This means that it's somewhere in the building of the sorting office. It's not classed as arriving with DWP until it's been added to the computer. Proof of posting is all you need which is free from any post office. There's huge postal delays for DWP at the moment and it could take 6 weeks to arrive.
    You have 13 months to request the MR (with good reason) not 1 month. This is plenty of time for it to arrive but make sure you keep copies for yourself.
    When requesting the MR you should state where and why you think points should have been scored. Adding a couple of real world examples of what happened the last time that activity was attempted. Include information such as where you were, what exactly happened, did anyone see it and what the consequences were. You don't need the report or the recording to do this.


Need to talk?

Over Christmas the online community might be a little quieter than usual, so if you need urgent emotional support or if you feel like you might be in crisis, please read up about how to stay safe for now and find help.

You can also speak to somebody in confidence by calling Samaritans on 116 123 for free or send an email to
[email protected]

Of course, if you feel like you might be at risk right now, please call 999 or visit your local hospital.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.