Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
disabled access at concerts
Hi, i would love to go to concerts again, but the trouble is i cannot stand for very long. i do not have a blue badge but receive full pip, but not the right points for a blue badge.
My daughter would love to go concerts with me again and most of the concerts are standing only. I am just wondering what you need to purchase tickets for the disabled access section of concerts that only have standing room only and some seats for disabled.
The reason why i will not apply for the blue badge is due to a bad experience with PIP, and also the horror stories I hear when you go for the assessment for a blue badge.
I was talking to a friend the other week who struggles to walk and he was turned down three times because he got his blue badge. He said the experience was really horrible, and mentally i could not cope with such an experience
- 49.2K All Categories
- 9.8K Start here and say hello!
- 4K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 135 Community updates
- 11.5K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 656 Work and employment
- 525 Education
- 964 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 924 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 244 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 248 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.4K Talk about money
- 1.8K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.4K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.6K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 585 Chronic pain and pain management
- 648 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 702 Autism and neurodiversity
- 840 Mental health and wellbeing
- 287 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.