Other disabled health care professionals? My son's been told he'll have to leave his course — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Other disabled health care professionals? My son's been told he'll have to leave his course

TanyaS
TanyaS Community member Posts: 6 Connected
edited October 2021 in Work and employment
Hi, my son recently started on a uni course for prosthetics and orthotics. 6 weeks in he's being told he'll have to leave the course as, in their view, unable to safely meet manual handling requirement as he is full time wheelchair user. We'd love to hear from other disabled people working in health care who have any relevant experience. (The uni had info regarding his disability since he applied and he visited in the summer, before results day for them to do a risk assessment, so they clearly have handled this badly one way or another) 

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.