Pip assessment in 2 weeks. I'm worried about what to expect — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Pip assessment in 2 weeks. I'm worried about what to expect

tanbang
tanbang Member Posts: 41 Listener
edited October 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Good evening 

I have my telephone assessment in 2 weeks, I have read on hear some horrible experiences people have had from the assess. I’m worried what to expect….?

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Posts: 7,049

Scope community team

Hi @tanbang :) 

It's important to remember that people are more likely to post on forums if they've had a negative experience, than if they've had a positive experience. Some people do unfortunately have negative experiences during their PIP assessment, but others don't experience these problems. The assessor should be respectful and polite.

Did you keep a copy of your form? 
    Online Community Coordinator, she/her

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to tell us how we're doing? Complete our feedback form now.
  • tanbang
    tanbang Member Posts: 41 Listener
    I have a extra copy of my form I sent so I know what I have written down. My telephone appointment is early 9.05 I just worry about what questions I will be asked and I want to be able to answer them the best I can 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Posts: 7,049

Scope community team

That's good @tanbang :) It's hard to say what exact questions they'll ask. You can only do your best. If you don't understand something they've asked, or need some time to answer, make sure you ask them to repeat the question or explain that you need a moment. You could have someone sit with you while you're on the phone too, if that would make you feel any more relaxed? 
    Online Community Coordinator, she/her

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to tell us how we're doing? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.