How long before I get my pip assessment. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How long before I get my pip assessment.

nanto4
nanto4 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Hi. Does anyone know how long its taking before you get a pip assessment please? I applied for ESA and PIP 29th june and I had my assessment on 22nd September fir ESA and was awarded the LCWRA but I've still not had an date yet for pip assessment and when I contacted them about this they said it had been handed over to the assessment centre and its just a case of waiting for an available date but when I phoned the people who do the assessment they said they where just waiting to find out if I  needed an assessment, if I applied for both at the same time could that mean I might only need the 1 assessment? Thanks in advance.....

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @nanto4 - welcome to the community. :) Unless your PIP assessment is a paper one, i.e. they just look at all the evidence you have sent in, & paper ones are fairly rare, then you can expect an assessment. The criteria for PIP & ESA are different, so an assessment is still needed for PIP. From claiming to getting a decision, the timescale is approx. 10 months, so hopefully your wait won't be too much longer, but it could still be some weeks away, unfortunately.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,338 Disability Gamechanger
    You were very lucky to have had your work capability assessment so quick because some people are waiting several months for this. 
    Most people have assessments for PIP so you should expect one of those as well, this way if an appointment date and time does arrive you won’t be too shocked. Paper based assessments are rare but still possible. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • nanto4
    Thank you it's nice to get a straightforward answer as I've been getting a bit if a runaround over my LCWRA payment which I should have been paid tomorrow as this is my 4th month but its not showing on my UC statement. Once again thank you so much for your help...
  • poppy123456
    Are you sure you’re due the extra money tomorrow? You mention ESA in your first comment but then you mention “4th month” which tells me you’re claiming Universal Credit and not ESA? Can you confirm which benefit you’re claiming? 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • nanto4
    I'm so sorry I'm completely lost with it all I'm on universal credit and was diagnosed with severe spinal stenosis and applied for ESA and pip on the 29th june but I was unaware that because I'm on uc I wouldn't get ESA I'd get the uc side of it ..
  • poppy123456
    Universal Credit has replaced all the old legacy benefits such as Income Related ESA/JSA, Income Support etc etc. The only ESA that's possible to claim now is New style ESA which is based on your NI contributions in the previous 2 tax years.
    You also said this...
    nanto4 said:
     applied for ESA and pip on the 29th june but I was unaware that because I'm on uc I wouldn't get ESA I'd get the uc side of it ..
    Do you mean you reported your health condition on this date? What's the date of your assessment periods? Or the date you usually receive your payment each month.

• nanto4
    Hi poppy123456.
    Sorry for the confusion.  I applied online for new style esa on the 29th of June and also had to report a change in circumstances on my journal because I'd been a carer for my x husband since May 2019 but was unable to continue caring for him because of my own health condition, I was also on universal credit whilst I was a carer. My uc payment was paid into my account today an it's for assessment period 23rd September to 22dn October. I did receive a note from my case manager saying I was due my first payment of LCWRA this month but it wasn't paid I've contacted them a few times over this but just keep getting told they will send my CM a note and the man I spoke to on the phone yesterday agreed that it should be paid this month but didn't understand why it isn't on my statement an again said he'll send a note over to try find out for me. 
  • poppy123456
    If you reported your health condition onto your journal on 29th June, this will mean you reported it in the middle of assessment period (AP) 23rd June - 22 July, which doesn't count because it's not a full AP. Therefore your waiting period is as follows... July/August, August/Sept, Sept/October... LCWRA starts from AP 23rd Oct to 22nd November with 1st payment being 29th November.
  • nanto4
    Thank you poppy123456 .

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.