'Disability in the Ancient World' a BBC podcast — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

'Disability in the Ancient World' a BBC podcast

Ross_Scope
Ross_Scope Posts: 5,377

Scope community team

Happy Friday

I just thought this was worth a share after noticing it in my podcast feed this morning:

The BBC podcast You're Dead to Me is a show hosted by Greg Jenner, in which comedians and experts in a field come together to learn about a certain topic each episode. 
BBC Sounds describes the show as:

"The history podcast for people who don't like history... and those who do. Greg Jenner brings together the best names in comedy and history to learn and laugh about the past."

The most recent episode, titled 'Disability in the Ancient World' covers stories about disability from throughout history, the summary reads:

"Greg Jenner is joined by comedian Rosie Jones and historian Dr Jane Draycott to discuss stories of disability from over a thousand years of history, including people with disabilities excelling on the battlefield and others with very well-dressed guide dogs."

I always find the podcast to be very entertaining, informative and easy to understand, so I would certainly recommend it. 

Just as a note, I haven't listened to this episode as yet so can't comment on the specifics of it.

Listen:
Or wherever else you listen to podcasts.
Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.