PIP current waiting time — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP current waiting time

crystalcrip
crystalcrip Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Hi there 

I know it’s very dependent on your assessors from what I’ve read so far, but I’ve been awarded the LCWRA (also aware totally different assessment lol)  the other week and had my pip assessment on Thursday, just wondering if anyone knew the current wait time and would the date start from when I sent in my sick note or when I called to ask for the pip form?

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2021
    It’s not dependent on the assessors. The assessor has finished their job when they have done the assessment report and sent it to DWP, which they generally do the day of the assessment, It is then down to a DWP decision maker to make a decision which can be Up to a couple of months (sometimes a bit longer).

If awarded the award will be backdated to the date you rang to start the claim (assuming this is your first claim). You don’t send in a sick note for PIP.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.