Sent back my WC form. How long until I hear back? How long do I need to send fit notes for? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Sent back my WC form. How long until I hear back? How long do I need to send fit notes for?

Options
D1985
D1985 Community member Posts: 12 Listener
Hi I have sent back my form for work capability, which they have received. How long is the wait now to hear back from them please?

My other question is how long do I need to send fit notes for please?
I noticed online that it states 13 weeks from when you first ring and claim, esa then sort it all not the Drs fit notes...  Is this right?

Kind regards

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Waiting times for assessments vary but are longer at the moment due to a backlog. Normally they would be done within the first thirteen weeks. You will need to provide continuous Fit Notes until a decision on the Work Capability Assessment has been made.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • D1985
    Options
    Thank you for replying.

So I could be waiting months then?

Is there a number that I can ring to ask? if I leave it a while longer and have still not heard anything I could then contact them.
  • calcotti
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Even pre pandemic people typically waited a couple of months for the assessment (assuming one is needed). You will be paid the assessment rate while waiting or the assessment. You cannot be paid the Support Group until the fourteenth week anyway.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • D1985
    Options
    So not everyone has an assessment?

What is the support group please? And is that 14 weeks from when you first claimed?
  • calcotti
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Suggest you read about ESA here 
    https://www.gov.uk/guidance/new-style-employment-and-support-allowance#work-capability-assessment
    During the assessment phase you will be paid £74.70/week (if you meet the NI conditions).
    If you are put into the Support Group (Limited Capability for Work and Work Related Activity) you will get £114.10/week and the award can continue indefinitely. If you are not put into the Support Group but do have Limited Capability for Work you will continue to receive £74.70 but the award will end after 12 months.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,243 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    D1985 said:

Most people do. Paper based assessments are rare. See link for Support Group descriptors.
    Some people are waiting several months for an assessment. If you need one it will either be telephone or face face, most are telephone but some people have had face to face recently.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • calcotti
    Options
    D1985 said:

What is the support group please? And is that 14 weeks from when you first claimed?
    Certain health conditions (primarily cancer patients who are having, about to receive or recovering from radiotherapy/chemotherapy) are automatically entitled to be treated as having LCWRA so do not have an assessment (but still have to return the ESA50/UC50 form).

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.