Tell the Work and Pensions Select Committee about your experience of ESA assessments — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Tell the Work and Pensions Select Committee about your experience of ESA assessments

Options
Tori_Scope
Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,493 Disability Gamechanger

What is the inquiry about?

The Work and Pensions Select Committee are seeking your views. The Work and Pensions Select Committee looks into the policies and spending of the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP).

The DWP is currently looking at how benefits assessments can be improved, and the Work and Pensions Committee will be making recommendations to them about how to do this. 

They would like to hear from disabled people who have been through an ESA or PIP assessment to inform these recommendations.

The Chair of the Committee, Stephen Timms MP, has explained more on his Twitter account.

To see further information about the survey, including a list of questions, visit this page on the UK Parliament's website.

How can I share my views?

To complete the survey, complete this Microsoft Form

How long do I have?

The survey closes in mid-February 2022.

Make sure you share your views to help guide improvements to benefits assessments. If you have any trouble accessing the form, please let us know so that we can pass your feedback on.

National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.