I've been told I need to attend a meeting at the Jobcentre. What will this entail? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I've been told I need to attend a meeting at the Jobcentre. What will this entail?

thinkingsoul
thinkingsoul Community member Posts: 68 Connected
edited November 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Just seeing if anyone can help me. I have got a advanced UC payment and due to be paid in 3 weeks time. It says on the text I have a UC meeting at my local job centre the start of December. what does that entail a meeting ? still new to all of this. I have uploaded my doctor's note stating I cannot attend any assessments or interviews, and have left a message on my journal. Help needed

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    If this is a new claim it will be an appointment to confirm your identity and to agree your claimant commitments.
    When you claim UC you are a job seeker until a decision's been made on your work capability assessment. It's your work copaches discretion whether they reduce or turn off commiments, some do, some don't.
    You can ask for a telephone appointment but again that will be down to your work coach.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • thinkingsoul
    thinkingsoul Community member Posts: 68 Connected
    @poppy123456 he messaged me back today because I missed my appointment as gave my reasons why and it said they are not going to sanction me or reduce my money. they accepted it. It is a new claim that's correct. they have already confirmed my identity. I've asked for a telephone appointment. also as I'm unable to work it says they have sent me out a questionnaire to fill in and to send back. any advice? 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Information here regarding the work capability assessment. It says ESA but it’s exactly the same. https://www.chdauk.co.uk/employment-and-support-allowance-esa
    The UC50 form is here https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/985609/uc50-interactive.pdf
    With regards to your appointment in December, you’ll need to wait to see if they will agree to the telephone appointment.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.