Has anyone had a private consultation for pain management? How much did it cost? Was it a success? — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Has anyone had a private consultation for pain management? How much did it cost? Was it a success?

happyfella
happyfella Member Posts: 197 Pioneering
I suffer from chronic pain. Each day is getting harder. I normally have two pain injections a year. But since the pandemic i have not had any pain injections for two years.

I have been chasing the injections every few weeks but still nothing. I spoke to my doctor today and to be honest did not show much interest.

They do not offer the best support to be honest and don't really understand what i am going through. One of the doctors who is sometimes there is good but he splits his time between three surgeries.

It has come to a point now where enough is enough. I am getting little support from my doctors and the tablets they provide a lot of the time dont touch the surface.

I need the support from the doctors and need a solution for my chronic pain. I am just wondering if anyone went for a private consultation to try and get things sorted and if so how much did it cost and was it a success
Tagged:

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Posts: 6,620

Scope community team

edited November 10
    Hi @happyfella :) 

I'm sorry to hear that your pain is troubling you so much, and that you don't feel as though you're getting enough support from your GP. 

I don't have any personal experience of seeking private treatment for chronic pain, but I hope one of our members does. I've marked your post as unanswered to indicate to other members that you don't yet have an answer to your query. 
    Online Community Coordinator, she/her

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to tell us how we're doing? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.