Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Has anyone had a private consultation for pain management? How much did it cost? Was it a success?
I suffer from chronic pain. Each day is getting harder. I normally have two pain injections a year. But since the pandemic i have not had any pain injections for two years.
I have been chasing the injections every few weeks but still nothing. I spoke to my doctor today and to be honest did not show much interest.
They do not offer the best support to be honest and don't really understand what i am going through. One of the doctors who is sometimes there is good but he splits his time between three surgeries.
It has come to a point now where enough is enough. I am getting little support from my doctors and the tablets they provide a lot of the time dont touch the surface.
I need the support from the doctors and need a solution for my chronic pain. I am just wondering if anyone went for a private consultation to try and get things sorted and if so how much did it cost and was it a success
- 49.3K All Categories
- 9.8K Start here and say hello!
- 4K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 135 Community updates
- 11.5K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 658 Work and employment
- 526 Education
- 967 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 925 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 245 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 249 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.4K Talk about money
- 1.8K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.4K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.6K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 586 Chronic pain and pain management
- 648 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 702 Autism and neurodiversity
- 842 Mental health and wellbeing
- 287 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.