Told I had fibromyalgia — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Told I had fibromyalgia

Options
JoLouise
JoLouise Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Good morning, 
Really looking for some help/advise etc but firstly: has anyone ever been told fibromyalgia? 
About 4 years ago, I started getting this terrible pain in my right leg. Went to the doctors and was given meds! Fast forward a year, I’ve had no testing no nothing but was told I had fibromyalgia! Although I don’t understand where this came from, it’s all over my notes etc and now the neurologist has put me down for routine appointment. I am now in agony. It starts in my lower back and my legs are agony!! I’m 33 years old and can walk 10 minutes if that before I have to stop and then it’s just impossible to get anywhere so I just try not to leave the house!! 
I have seen a pain clinic, who tapped my knees, made me move side to side and lifted my legs. He said all my nerves where fine? Should I accept that as all my nerves are fine? I’m so confused but everything adds up to spinal stenosis other than the pain clinics saying my nerves are fine! 
Should I keep pushing or should I accept my spine is fine? Just intrigued how everyone else’s problems started and did you feel the same as this? Appreciate any advise! And hope you all have a lovely day x x Jo x x

Comments

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello and welcome @JoLouise, I've moved this discussion into 'Chronic pain and pain management' so that it's easier for people who know a lot about the topic to find it. Thanks for sharing your experience and asking for advice, that's often difficult to do, especially when feeling stressed. 

I hope you have a lovely day as well. I've just joined the community myself (on Monday), so still learning the ropes, but hopefully I can help as best I can! 
    Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.