smart tech for cooker/hob and cameras to get notification to daughter leaving/entering home — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

smart tech for cooker/hob and cameras to get notification to daughter leaving/entering home

kbass
kbass Member Posts: 3 Listener
hi i am looking for smart tech for cooker /hob and cameras for habitable rooms and notification of adult daughter entering or leaving the home.  we live alone together.  social services are promoting her independence suggesting i can leave her alone to build up her independence but i am lost in how much tech there is and i dont want to get incompatible.  the idea of course being i want to see on my phone while i am away from home but she is at home alone
Tagged:

Comments

• Alex_Scope
    Alex_Scope Posts: 213

Scope community team

Hello @kbass and welcome to the forum! I'm afraid I'm not sure of any particular equipment to suggest off the top of my head. I've tagged your discussion as 'unanswered', hopefully someone else here will be able to offer a more knowledgeable response.

If not, I can do some research and find out what I can for you. I'm sure most parents can say "the worry never goes away" no matter how independent your children are, and it's a sign that you obviously care very much about your daughter. It's great that social services are encouraging her independence, can you share what has prompted that?
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • kbass
    Alex. Thanks for responding to my forum post.  Alice’s main issue is learning difficulties with infrequent night seizures.  She is vulnerable in public but quite self sufficient at home.  Don’t get me wrong she could make a roast or lasagne but can fry bacon.  Make a toastie and could probably do a jacket spud.  Any level of independence done safely allows her to lead a more fulfilling life.  We are trialing it so I can leave the house for short periods of time for work or who know pleasure purposes.  Obviously to be built up gradually.  
  • Ross_Scope
    Ross_Scope Posts: 5,416

Scope community team

Hi @kbass

Have you looked into the Nest and Ring devices? I know for sure that they can link in with other smart home gadgets like Google Nest Speakers or Alexa devices, and you can often view those cameras through your phone on an app. Some providers do generally have a subcription where you can access features like face recognition too.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • kbass
    I have looked yes but I’m bambozzled by it all.  It’s like I need some tech person to design it for me. 😂
  • Ross_Scope
    Ross_Scope Posts: 5,416

Scope community team

kbass said:
    I have looked yes but I’m bambozzled by it all.  It’s like I need some tech person to design it for me. 😂
    I get what you mean, it can be difficult to get your head around some of it. I would recommend looking at some guides / reviews / tutorials on YouTube, that normally helps me with a techy purchase.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.