Support letters pport letters from people who know — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Support letters pport letters from people who know

jinnty
jinnty Community member Posts: 57 Courageous
Hello, I sincerely hope that everyone is safe and well as can be. Loving the new look, amazing. 

Okay, to my question, does DWP, accept supporting letters from family and friends, or does this not make any difference? The reason why I’m asking is, in Scotland, when our gov, takes full control over PIP, they have stated that, there will be a lot fewer F2F assessments, and supporting letters from people who know you, will be accepted as a form of evidence. At the moment, current PIP, doesn’t fully start transferring over until next summer, and I’m due for review well before then, and I don’t know if the DWP, are allowing these  letters as well. DWP, are also claiming that things within their department, are now starting to be more “caring”, in dealing with claimants, doubt it, but will see. 
Thank you for taking the time to read a longish post. 
Take care and stay safe and well as you can be. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,
    No harm in sending the letters but you need to ask yourself, how well do they actually know you. The letters would need to state exactly how you're affected against the PIP descriptors.
    The best person to know this is yourself. A couple of real world examples per descriptor that applies. Include information such as where you were, what exactly happened, did anyone see it and what the consequences were.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • jinnty
    jinnty Community member Posts: 57 Courageous
     poppy@123456,
    Thank you for your advice, yes I understand what you mean. Full apologies for the bad intro above. Didn't notice. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.