Paper based assessment. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Paper based assessment.

sammyjoanne
sammyjoanne Community member Posts: 13 Listener
Hey there.
I recently checked the status of my pip claim with capita.. they told me they were trying to do a paper assessment, I didn't need to do anything and they would be in touch if they needed anymore information? What does this mean? Am I unlikely to receive it with it being paper based as I thought you had to have some forms of consultation. They said they are just waiting for medical evidence from gp and psychiatrist. I suffer with nerves and I just can't help but think this is a bad thing. Has anyone else had just paperbased. How does it work and what happens next?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,328 Disability Gamechanger
    Paper based assessments are rare but definitely possible. It's not a bad thing, i've never known anyone be refused from a paper based assessment. My daughter's had 2 for her PIP claim.
    If an assessment is needed they will contact you eventually. Nothing more you can do but wait.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • sammyjoanne
    Thankyou. I was just worried it was a bad thing. I'm struggling with the whole process and I don't really understand it all. I just do what they tell me and check in from time to time. I requested a phone assessment as I suffer with anxiety and getting out is difficult for me. I was just surprised when they said about doing paper based and they were going with medical evidence as I thought is that was less about your condition and more about how it effects you. I didn't think they took medical evidence into account.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

I too had paper based and was awarded 

They do take medical evidence into account and sometimes send a form to the medical people you detail on your form 

However as you say it is mors about how your condition affects you rather than the diagnosis so medical evidence is just one bit of the evidence 

Good luck with your claim 
  • sammyjoanne
    Thankyou very much. I feel a bit more relaxed now about it all. I just get very anxious especially in situations I don't know. 
  • DuffersMum
    DuffersMum Community member Posts: 196 Pioneering
    My change of circumstances was paper based and awarded higher rate for both with ongoing award.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.