New universal credit claim amd were due a backdated carers allowence — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

New universal credit claim amd were due a backdated carers allowence

Options
natalieb
natalieb Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi, my partner recently moved in with me and we made a claim for U/C 5 weeks ago (i was previously on tax credits).
We receievd our first U/C with the carers element on it today.

My question is, i am aware that carers allowence is taken of £1 for £1.

We have applied for carers allowence to be back dated for 3 months (this was done the day we made a claim for U/C) .

If this is awarded and backdated will U/C just take the one months money of that we have already been paid for or the whole amount backdated which was from before our U/C claim was made?

I have asked on the journal but i wont hear from them till at leasr monday and wanted to try and find out before hand.

Thankyou

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,327 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The 3 months backdate of Carers Allowance will not affect your UC. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Any CA paid for a period prior to the start of the UC claim should be ignored. They should simply make a monthly deduction of £292.93 from your monthly UC amount. (£67.60 x 52 / 12)
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • natalieb
    natalieb Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thats brilliant thankyou

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.