Best PC Microphone — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Best PC Microphone

JustPete
JustPete Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 303 Pioneering
edited November 2021 in Coffee lounge
Your opinion on the best 'stand-alone' PC microphone for speech dictation, skyping/MSTeaming etc?  My inbuilt Mic is shoddy.  Headsets are not an option (I have one).

My speech is a little contrived but perfectly understandable to people, Echo, Google.   I had an argument with my PC over the Weekend so I reckon it's time to bypass the inbuilt Mic.

Recommendations appreciated.
Cheers in advance.
I am a Scope Community Volunteer Adviser with knowledge of "life"!  Lived experience including employing personal assistants, being gay, sport & leisure inclusion & participation, mental health issues.  

What is the bravest thing you've ever said? asked the boy. 'Help,' said the horse.  'Asking for help isn't giving up,' said the horse. 'It's refusing to give up.”

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    using dedicated microphones on my PC is not something I've done very often besides just using a pair of decent earphones or headphones. I'd be interested to see if others have recommendations
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • JustPete
    JustPete Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 303 Pioneering
    @Username_removed Thanks Mike
    I am a Scope Community Volunteer Adviser with knowledge of "life"!  Lived experience including employing personal assistants, being gay, sport & leisure inclusion & participation, mental health issues.  

What is the bravest thing you've ever said? asked the boy. 'Help,' said the horse.  'Asking for help isn't giving up,' said the horse. 'It's refusing to give up.”

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.