Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
I don't know how to handle my UC appeal. I can't pay for a lawyer. Can anyone help?
I need to appeal a Universal Credit decision and I have no clue how to handle this. I tried to find a lawyer to this for me but they asked me for money and I can't pay. I really need to appeal, because the Universal Credit staff is abusing of its power position forcing me to pay 1.800GBP because THEY MADE A MISTAKE. I don't have anything to do. Can you help me?
- 49.3K All Categories
- 9.8K Start here and say hello!
- 4K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 135 Community updates
- 11.5K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 659 Work and employment
- 526 Education
- 970 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 926 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 245 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 249 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.5K Talk about money
- 1.8K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.4K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.6K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 587 Chronic pain and pain management
- 649 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 703 Autism and neurodiversity
- 847 Mental health and wellbeing
- 287 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.