My carer accidentally spilt something on my carpet. Is it usual to claim from the care agency? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My carer accidentally spilt something on my carpet. Is it usual to claim from the care agency?

Options
nannymaroon
nannymaroon Community member Posts: 562 Pioneering
Hi everyone
I'm looking for some basic advice regarding accidental damage caused by my carer in my home.
My carer accidentally spilt something on my carpet and it's badly damaged. My home contents insurance doesn't cover it. Is it usual to claim from the care agency in such situations? I'm sure they are insured. Has anyone else had experience of this?
Thanks in advance ?
It's easier to be nice🙂
Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,056 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Hi,
    For this to be covered on your home contents insurance, you would need accident damage cover. 
    I’d advise you to speak to the care agency to see if it’s covered but it may not be.
    Im guessing that because your carer works for an agency that you didn’t take out any insurance yourself?
    May I ask what was spilt? Have you tried using carpet/upholstery cleaner on it? 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • nannymaroon
    nannymaroon Community member Posts: 562 Pioneering
    Options
    They did offer to clean the carpet. If they weren't liable they wouldn't have done that. I said they'd have to use a professional company and replace the carpet if I'm not happy with the results.  I haven't heard from them.
    It's easier to be nice🙂

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.