Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Working from home.

Options
Ziadawn
Ziadawn Community member Posts: 27 Courageous
Has any one being a Bodyshop at Home Consultant?  And what was it like.

Comments

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Ziadawn

Thanks for reaching out to us. It is a good question! Unfortunately, I haven't got any expertise in this area. This means I am hoping our wonderful community members see and respond to your post soon! However, in the meantime, I am wondering if these Indeed reviews for working with The Body Shop help? You can find them at https://uk.indeed.com/cmp/The-Body-Shop/reviews?fcountry=ALL&fjobtitle=Consultant. I hope this helps!  :)  
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Ziadawn
    Options
    Hi there, Thank you I will go check them out.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Ziadawn

You are more than welcome. I hope you find the link to the reviews useful. How are you today?  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 56,114 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I haven't personally but i know someone who is one. It's not easy, especially if you don't know many people so to get the sales you may have to go out to put the books through the doors which again is hard work. Body shop is brilliant stuff but it comes at a rather high price, which a lot of people may not be able to afford it.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,928 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Ziadawn have you considered Avon ?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Libby_Alumni
    Libby_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,251 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Ziadawn :) 

How are you doing today?

It's exciting to hear about your potential Body Shop prospects -are you looking at any potential work from home careers? I was in the same boat this year, as I wanted a role that was remote, so I could manage my chronic illnesses alongside work. These websites might be helpful in gaining more information about working from home and what options are available: 
    If you need any further advice or support, please just let us know :)

Libby
    Online Community Information Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did we do a good job at answering your queries or concerns? If so, complete our feedback form now. 
  • Ziadawn
    Options
    I prefer the Bodyshop their cosmetics are in line with my ethics.  At the moment I just want a part time job, and I am going to do this for now.  
  • Libby_Alumni
    Libby_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,251 Pioneering
    Options
    That's great and I would definitely encourage a job that aligns with your values and ethics :) that will make you enjoy your role a lot more too :) 

Keep us updated about how it goes and good luck! I'm sure you'll be great at the role!
    Online Community Information Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did we do a good job at answering your queries or concerns? If so, complete our feedback form now. 
  • Ziadawn
    Options
    Hi guys, I started the process and enjoyed it to a point.  But some people find it expensive or they hate the way its sold to them.  I found that I was expected to be on social media 24/7 .  It would have been fun because we could get free holidays for reaching targets.  But I'm 60 now , and have commitments.  And if you don't have a car to go to where ever a indoor/outdoor stall is its a lot of work.  If I don't get enough sales to cover travelling, and the stall.

• Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2023
    Options
    That's a shame to here @Ziadawn I am glad you enjoyed it to that point though! I didn't know if you saw, Avon have now started the process of opening stores in the UK. They have one so far.
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.