Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Chronic Fatigue Universal Credit / Work Assessment Advice
Hi there, hope someone can give me some advice. I was diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue 7 years ago after some terrible episodes of being barely able to move. Since then I have managed my daily life to a decent level. I work self employed from home approx 20 hours a week, which is a level I cam mostly maintain. I am on Universal Credit and now have had a letter for an Health Assessment. My question is that I have little symptoms as I manage my Chronic Fatigue, but were I to increase my hours then it is very likely within a short period I would become incapacitated and bed bound unable to do anything. How do I get that across to the health professional who interviews me? Here's hoping there's someone out there xxx
- 50.2K All Categories
- 9.9K Start here and say hello!
- 4.3K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 137 Community updates
- 11.6K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 680 Work and employment
- 538 Education
- 1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 950 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 255 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 252 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.8K Talk about money
- 1.8K Benefits and financial support
- 4.3K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.6K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.1K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.7K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 611 Chronic pain and pain management
- 667 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 723 Autism and neurodiversity
- 870 Mental health and wellbeing
- 290 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.