I've been told they can't give me a timescale as to when I'll get a decision. It seems wrong — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I've been told they can't give me a timescale as to when I'll get a decision. It seems wrong

Options
wwatson100
wwatson100 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited December 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I have spent over an hour sitting in a queue to speak to someone about my pip claim only to be told it was passed to accessors over 10 weeks ago and they cannot give any up or timescales are there no service level agreements put in place to ensure that cases don't get left sitting there or lost it seems wrong that this could take as long as they like with no one willing to chase it at all

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,288 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Hi,
    There are currently huge backlogs for PIP at the moment. They haven't forgotting about you at all, there's just many many thousands of people currently waiting. It is not unusal even in normal times for a claim to have to wait to be sent across to the health assessment provides.
    Back in 2019 my daughters review forms took 11 weeks to be sent to them and this was before the pandemic.
    The estimated timescale from start to finish is about 10 months. Unfortunately, there's nothing more you can do but wait. If an assessment is needed (most have them) you will be contacted with a date and time but it is likely to be after Christmas.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @wwatson100 and thanks for joining the forum. I hope you find our members replies helpful. To help everyone find your post I've moved it into the PIP category. I'm afraid poppy123456 is correct, there are large backlogs at the DWP currently, so long wait times are to be expected unfortunately.

You're more than welcome to browse any discussions that might be of interest, and if you're still unsure about anything, please ask :)
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,658 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If this is a new claim and you get an award then it will be back-dated, nothing is working quite how we might like it to, it's not wrong but just how it is atm.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.