Work commitment esa - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Work commitment esa

Options
2»

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,323 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi
    I recieve 140 fortnightly. 
    Nov 2020 I filled in a long booklet questionnaire and then a lady rang me then I got the esa contribution based till now 

That amount is either assessment rate or WRAG.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    calcotti said:
    poppy123456 said: Thanks calcotti. The reason i thought that was because of the 1 year time limit if in the WRAG and would payments stop or continue? This was my only thoughts. 
    OP doesn't seem to know which group they were placed into after the WCA. If in the Support Group, there would have been no need to report any changes.
    If no revised WCA decision has been made by the end of the 12 months in WRAG the ESA payments would stop but if a decision is subsequently made that the claimant is now in Support Group that decision would be backdated to the date the deterioration in health was reported. Payments would then be reinstated with arrears due.

Thanks, that's what i thought. Reading through the comments again it seemed like the OP has reapplied, which was why i got confused.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Redgeorgi1
    Redgeorgi1 Community member Posts: 25 Listener
    Options
    Thank you ? 
    Fingers crossed ? 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Redgeorgi1 said: I recieve 140 fortnightly. 
    Do you mean £149.40/fortnight? If so you are either still in the assessment phase or were placed in WRAG. Your ESA will end after 12 months unless a new assessment puts you into the Support Group.
    Redgeorgi1 said:Nov 2020 I filled in a long booklet questionnaire and then a lady rang me then I got the esa contribution based till now 
    You should have got a decision letter after that stating whether you were in WRAG or Support Group.

Are you finding things more difficult that a year ago? When you reported your new health condition did ESA say they would refer you for a new assessment? 
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Redgeorgi1
    Options
    Yes I did mean that sorry I'm getting a bit stressed with it all. Benefits and feeling as I do really takes its toll when I've never had to worry. Always been in work. Then it's ripped away from you and my world feel apart with not a care from a company I had worked with fir nearly 25 years. 

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Redgeorgi1 how did things go in the end? I'm sorry no one was able to reply to your most recent post here, please accept my apologies.

I'm sorry to hear you were feeling stressed about everything, it can be quite a hurtful and difficult process when dealing with an end to work, especially for such a long time. How are you feeling today?
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Redgeorgi1
    Options
    Hi, 
    No one at esa was very helpful, basically one guy said yes you will carry on with payments and there's no work related tasks to do. Then I had a missed phone call to say what happens now. 
    Tbh it's all so stressful the thought of having to prove myself and having to go to work related tasks I just gave up. So now I receive nothing x 

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Oh I'm so sorry to hear about your bad experience @Redgeorgi1, I appreciate it can feel like a real uphill battle, which can seem very unfair sometimes. Thanks for getting back to me about it.

Do you feel like you're getting enough support with the stress you've been feeling? Perhaps you could speak to your GP about how what's happened earlier this year has impacted you, and your mental health. It might not be for you, but did you know you can also self refer for IAPT services through the NHS, which could help resolve the stress and anxiety you feel when managing applications like this. 

Do you have anyone close to you that could help support you with applying for ESA, if you did decide it's what you'd like to do?
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Your payments ending is correct because it's only paid for 1 year unless placed into the Support Group. You need to wait for your work capability assessment, once that's done a decision will then be made on your claim. If placed into the Support Group payments will start back up and you'll receive £114.10 per week.
    Have you checked entitlement to Universal Credit? You can use a benefits calculator for this. https://www.entitledto.co.uk/benefits-calculator/Intro/Home?cid=da8e4e22-6bb9-414e-b700-bd83b45e6416

• Redgeorgi1
    Options
    Thank you, I reapplied then was told no twice by letter then a work coach rang and said they had received my Dr sick note and to agree to work commitments which was none. He said I would still be paid. Then the money stopped them a lady rang and left a message to say what would happen now which was they will still pay N. I contributions but I would have to prove I'm unfit for work.
    That's it really last I heard 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You need to have a look at the Support Group descriptors to see if any of them apply to you. You can see them here. https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/employment-and-support-allowance/esa-glossary/1353-support-group-descriptors

• Redgeorgi1
    Options
    I will, thank you x

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.