Random PIP payment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Random PIP payment

Options
1112 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Morning!
Would anyone be able to shed some light on a random payment from DWP PIP?
I am currently awaiting a decision for a new claim after I successfully took my last claim to a tribunal.
The amount is £145.67 payed today and  this isnt my current usual payment day. 
My new application started on the 5th of July. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,978 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Hi,
    A decision may have been made on your review but we can only guess what they will be. I'm afraid you will need to ring DWP to ask what that payment is for. The number to ring is 0800 121 4433, they open from 9am to 5pm and ringing as soon as they open is often the best time.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
    Options
    @poppy123456 exactly what I am going to do.
    I just wondered if it had been experienced by anyone here whilst I wait to call. 
    Its been 6 weeks since my assessment and for the life of me cannot wiggle those figures to reflect any type of award!  :D
    Options
    @poppy123456 spoke to someone and they've been able to tell me my decision. 
    Can I just ask - do pip payments start from the day I made my initial claim call? 
    It was on the 5th July and I am being told my arrears payment is from the 22nd November. 
    I have someone calling me back but Id feel better knowing what I can say - without sounding like a fool. 
    I feel cheeky asking about the back payments and not sure how to word it.  :s

• poppy123456
    Options
    If you already had an award in payment then there will be no back payment unless you reported a change of condition.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    Options
    @poppy123456 all sorted. It wasnt that, it was because I had taken my last claim to tribunal. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    That makes no sense. If your award was still in payment there would be nothing to backdate unless you reported changes. If your award had ended then it would be backdated to the day after it ended.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.