Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Back pay

Options
hollykay113
hollykay113 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited December 2021 in Work and employment
Hi I have been in hospital for 3 weeks. I worked one shift got sent home and this month I have been paid £30 to survive. If I got a sick note back dated would it be possible for the backpay to be paid to my bank? 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi 

It all depends on if your employer pays sick pay but you may be entitled to statutory sick pay you need to discuss with your employer 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    To get ssp you need to earn an average of £120 per week or more and provide a fit note you can self certify for the first 7 days 

The first 3 days are not paid 

If you are owed any pay it is unlikely you will get this until your next pay day 
  • Libby_Alumni
    Libby_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,251 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi I have been in hospital for 3 weeks. I worked one shift got sent home and this month I have been paid £30 to survive. If I got a sick note back dated would it be possible for the backpay to be paid to my bank? 
    Hi @hollykay113 :)

Welcome to the community and thank you for sharing a little bit about your current situation. I'm sorry to hear that you've been in hospital for the past 3 weeks. That must have not been a nice experience, and I hope you're back home and settled now.

As @janer1967 mentioned, I think it's best in this instance, to speak to your employer and ask them about sick pay entitlement. They should be able to provide you with further information about this, as sick pay can sometimes differ between different organizations/companies. 

I will move your post into our 'work and employment' category, in the hope that our members will get back to you with some further advice :) 

If you have any further questions, then please just let us know. 

Libby
    Online Community Information Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did we do a good job at answering your queries or concerns? If so, complete our feedback form now. 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.