MP, Pip and ATOS — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

MP, Pip and ATOS

butterflycake
butterflycake Community member Posts: 17 Listener
Hi I contacted my MP as I wasn’t happy with length of time for review and how they didn’t take into account my learning difficulties and mental health in my first pip claim.  During my review form I added everything I experience. Last time was over phone .

anyway my MP said I should submit more evidence. My phone interview is next week. I’ve sent everything to dwp . TrAcked and signed . I called ATOS and they were horrible and even said I must be fine as I called them! Well I had to as I want a third person listening in. 

Last time I had a n interview with them F2F she asked why i didn’t die and wanted to know how I caught the bacteria ( she was basically insinuating I was a drug addict) then asked why my Sui- attempt wasn’t successful! Honestly I walked in with a wound vacuum !

my question is . Will ATOS see my new evidence.  I’ve sent in 100 sheets of paper with my national insurance number on a diary account etc . To the DWP.  Will they even read it ? Will they take this into account .

Not only that the dwp gave me the wrong address to send the evidence too!  So I found the right address from forum help.

im sick with worry. I actually despise them .

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,340 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,
    I must admit, 100 pages is far too much evidence and you really don't need that much, less is often more. I have hundreds of pages from my medical records but when i looked through there was nothing there that stated exactly how my conditions affected me so i didn't send any of it. Whether they'll read all of those 100 pages, i really have no idea but it's an awful lot to read.
    I know sometimes the questions they ask you are very personal and can often seem a little over the top but they have to ask those questions to find out exactly how your conditions affect you.
    The backlogs are huge in a lot of parts of the country so waiting times are quite long, some are waiting 10 months from start to finish. There isn't much we can do about backlogs during these difficult times. All you can do is wait and if an assessment is needed, you'll be contacted. Most people have them so you should expect this.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • butterflycake
    Hi ,

Many thanks for your reply. 

yes my assessment is next week. I know assessments are normal . Just don’t want them lying again .  I know there is waits and I’ve been fine waiting seven months already. Just I will not be able to financially manage without this income . So I’m concerned . As I’m guessing it would be seven months for an MR. 

I was In hospital a long time many many months  . And my records are a multitude of things to show . From psyciatry reports to immunology and Proving learning difficulties . Proving aids, providing all evidence for the descriptors .they’re not appointments or anything like that.  I have even cropped in on certain things so can focus on what it says .I believe the diary I have included to be substantial evidence to how a week goes. 

Thank you :-)
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,340 Disability Gamechanger
    During the assessment make sure you don't answer any questions with just a yes or no. If you didn't give a couple of real world examples of what happened the last time you attempted each activity that applies when you filled out the form, try to do this during the assessment.
    If it's a telephone assessment, do be aware that they may not ring on time, especially if your appointments is anything but first thing in the morning. Make sure you have a drink near you for easy reach during the assessment. If you have someone with you then you can put your phone onto loud speaker. Assessments can be anything from 20-120 minutes.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Libby_Alumni
    Libby_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,251 Pioneering
    I hope @poppy123456's assessment tips are helpful, @butterflycake :) 

Scope also has some information and support about preparing for a PIP assessment. You can view the article here. 

Just remember, to take your time and be kind to yourself. I would also recommend having a little look at our PIP/DLA/AA category, as a lot of our members share their experiences of different assessments within that category :)

I hope that helps and please let us know if you have any further questions.

Libby
    Online Community Information Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did we do a good job at answering your queries or concerns? If so, complete our feedback form now. 
  • butterflycake
    Thank Libby_Scope said:
    I hope @poppy123456's assessment tips are helpful, @butterflycake :) 

Scope also has some information and support about preparing for a PIP assessment. You can view the article here. 

Just remember, to take your time and be kind to yourself. I would also recommend having a little look at our PIP/DLA/AA category, as a lot of our members share their experiences of different assessments within that category :)

I hope that helps and please let us know if you have any further questions.

Libby
    Thank you very much Libby !  I will have a read over the links you sent me ! ?
  • butterflycake
    During the assessment make sure you don't answer any questions with just a yes or no. If you didn't give a couple of real world examples of what happened the last time you attempted each activity that applies when you filled out the form, try to do this during the assessment.
    If it's a telephone assessment, do be aware that they may not ring on time, especially if your appointments is anything but first thing in the morning. Make sure you have a drink near you for easy reach during the assessment. If you have someone with you then you can put your phone onto loud speaker. Assessments can be anything from 20-120 minutes.
    Thanks so much for the advice . My mum will be with me . ?

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.