Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Mandatory Reconsideration. I have a call with the DWP tomorrow
Hello, I'm new here. I wondered whether you may be able to help. I applied for Pip in April, I was awarded standard mobility and scored 4 points for daily living. I requested a mandatory reconsideration 10 weeks ago and the dwp are due to call me tomorrow morning to discuss. I'm terrified. I have extreme anxiety and severe complex ptsd. The assessor gave an opinion that I can't function when I leave my home but I can fully function at home.She ignored all the struggles I face even though I submitted evidence for this. I am worried about what this call involves. Feeling so anxious about it all.
- 50.2K All Categories
- 9.9K Start here and say hello!
- 4.2K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 136 Community updates
- 11.6K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 679 Work and employment
- 538 Education
- 999 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 945 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 255 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 252 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.8K Talk about money
- 1.8K Benefits and financial support
- 4.3K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.6K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.1K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.7K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 611 Chronic pain and pain management
- 665 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 721 Autism and neurodiversity
- 868 Mental health and wellbeing
- 290 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.