LWCA & PIP query

Options
jd1
jd1 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited December 2021 in Benefits and income
Hi I’ve been fighting for lwca I have been very poorly and in December 2019 I went off sick in January 2020 I started claiming u c and sent off for lwca and pip august 2020 pip gave me high rate and backdated I’ve been waiting since March 16 2020 to get my lwca dealt with I’ve finally been given a telephone appointment I’ve read that if I’m on high rate pip it should of been dealt with straight away after the first 3 months ? Will they back date me I don’t understand what’s going in it’s been a hard fight trying to deal with this during the pandemic please help if you no any information 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Championing
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community 

Pip has nothing to do with lcwra they are different benefits with different criteria 

Getting pip doesn't mean your lcwra claim is dealt with any quicker 

If you are awarded lcwra it will be backdated to 4 full assessment periods after you reported the medical condition and as long as you have provided continuous fit notes throughout 

The first 3 months are not paid 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,305 Championing
    Options
    jd1 said:
     I’ve read that if I’m on high rate pip it should of been dealt with straight away after the first 3 months ?
    HI,
    I'm not sure where you read that but it's not correct. You are not the only person that has had to wait rather a long time for their assessment, we've had other members reporting the same thing. Backlogs are huge and in some areas they are longer than others.
  • jd1
    jd1 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Hi thanks poppy for your message ! Well I read that on line updated 7 December 2021 , I’ve been waiting since March 16 2021 . It started online that if you are state pension age or on high rate pip and another benefit you are automatically entitled to it !!! So didn’t stress your self out [removed by moderator- personal comment towards another member] I’m not getting involved no kore with this site and I was told everyone on here might be in the same situation regarding lots of issues not just benefits but life it’s hard enough being disabled and then asking for help forget it . Check out google and the gov.site where I found the information. Stay safe [removed by moderator- personal comment towards another member
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,561 Championing
    Options
    @jd1 Did you mean to post this as a new discussion? If not, I can move it, I just need to know where to?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    There are some situations where the LCWRA element is automatically paid but the waiting period still applies. If you are of State Pension age (actually receiving your State pension) and above you should be awarded LCWRA automatically if receiving either Enhanced daily living PIP/ High rate care DLA or AA. See link (G3030) https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/987114/admg3.pdf
    I appologise for the incorrect information in a previous thread of yours. Though i didn't know you were of state pension age. (Actually claiming your state pension) I infer that you must be claiming UC with a partner that is under state pension age, correct? So a mixed aged couple.
    I'm sorry that you thought my other comment wasn't very nice, i certainly didn't mean anything by it. it's also very difficult to "judge" a comment by a simple text because someone's "tone" can come accross as very different to some people.
    What i don't appreciate is this personal attack from you, starting a thread purely for this reason. Personal attacks on members is against the rules here on the community. What you could have done instead was flag my comment on your other thread and admin would have seen it. 
    Your other thread is here, for others to see. https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/86885/hi-my-name-is-jd1#latest

• poppy123456
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Returning to this thread because there are some situations where the LCWRA element is automatically paid but the waiting period still applies. If you are of State Pension age (actually receiving your State pension) and above and receiving either Enhanced daily living PIP/ High rate care DLA or AA.

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Championing
    Options
    jd1 said:
     It started online that if you are state pension age or on high rate pip and another benefit you are automatically entitled to it !!! 
    That isn't correct.

If you are state pension age and on high rate PIP you are entitled to automatically be treated as having LCWRA. As advised by poppy you do still have to wait three months before the LCWRA element becomes payable.

Your original thread said nothing about being pension age so the replies could not take taht into account.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Thanks @calcotti i actually missed the "or" in the OP comment.
    OP it's also worth remembering that claiming PIP doesn't automatically qualify you for LCWRA.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,561 Championing
    Options
    Hello everyone, as some of you are newer than others here I'm going to remind you of our community house rules please give them a read if you haven't already. 

Please make sure your messages respect others’ views and suggestions, even if you do not agree with them. Sometimes tone can be very difficult to understand, but I'm sure nobody meant to be rude or harsh. 

If I can help with anything, please do let me know.