Hi, my name is Musi! - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Musi!

Options
2»

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Musi said:
    My trust issue with the G.P stems from years of misdiagnosis, not listening to me when I said I thought I had some ASD problems, writing down notes wrong, telling me there's nothing wrong with me and just pull myself together.. And recently messing with my husband driving licence when he tried to change from EU to UK, then not admitting fault in anything.. He lost his job because of it, we just started to get our lives back on track now.. But yeah that's why I don't trust them 
    I'm sorry to hear that, it doesn't seem as though they were very helpful at all. So given that he lost his job I assume you have a new GP? How are you getting along with them? :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Musi

I just want to say I hear you. I am sorry to hear you are experiencing such a tough time. However, I already recognise some of the many strengths you have. You have already recognised that you are experiencing a tough time and have found the courage to reach out to us. I always appreciate how much courage it must take to reach out. 

Are you able to express how you felt and what contributed to your meltdown? I think your honesty and ability to express yourself will help. Also, whilst we can't stop meltdowns, being aware of your triggers can help to reduce them. We can always listen to you and talk things through with you. Additionally, the National Autistic Society has some useful information about meltdowns which you can find at https://www.autism.org.uk/advice-and-guidance/topics/behaviour/meltdowns/all-audiences

In terms of your PTSD, are you receiving support for managing this currently? If you need more support with this, you might find PTSD UK (https://www.ptsduk.org/), Mind (https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/types-of-mental-health-problems/post-traumatic-stress-disorder-ptsd-and-complex-ptsd/about-ptsd/) and NHS Inform (https://www.nhsinform.scot/illnesses-and-conditions/mental-health/mental-health-self-help-guides/ptsd-and-cptsd-self-help-guide) useful!

Take care for now and I will look forward to hopefully hearing from you again soon! <3
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Musi
    Musi Community member Posts: 12 Listener
    Options
    No new G.P. It's difficult to find another that will accept us both.. Anyways doesn't really matter they mostly all the same lol
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Musi

Sorry to hear this. It sounds like you have had some really difficult experiences with GPs. I wish I could magic up a GP for you who will listen to you and you will be able to trust and feel connected to. Unfortunately, I don't have those powers. However, I can listen, signpost, and suggest you take some time to process your thoughts, feelings, and experiences. Is there anyone you can trust who might be able to help?  <3
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Musi, just wondering how have you been getting on? 
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.