If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

UC LCWRA awarded but zero points for pips

Options
llama74
llama74 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Hi after pip telephone assessment I received zero points. 
I submitted a MR in late October, still waiting for decision.
Had UC telephone WCA on 02/12. Received decision on 04/12 stating that I was found to have a LCWRA and would receive the additional payment. I then called pip, who said the MR hadn't yet made a decision and that I should send the LCWRA letter to be considered for the MR. Due to illness I've not been able to print out the letter from the UC account to send it. What I'm asking is will the LCWRA make a difference to the pip decision?
Also the fact I'm in LCWRA is due to significant risk to myself or others.

Comments

• MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Options
    No unfortunately not. They are two separate benefits. People claim PIP successfully and work. They both have different descriptors. 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community 

The lcwra will have no impact on your PIP as they are different benefits with different criteria 

Pip looks as functionality to undertake daily tasks and mobility 

Lcwra looks at functionality to be able to work in any capacity 

There is no harm in sending the letter just as as additional evidence but I wouldn't worry too much it won't change the decision 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.