Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Plug in electric car grant cut by £1,000
The government grant towards buying an electric car has been cut from £2,500 to £1,500 essentially making some electric cars £1,000 more expensive for the consumer.
The amount a car can cost to be eligible for the grant has also been reduced: previously, you’d get the grant for a car under £35,000 list price, now it has to be under £32,000.
I notice Motability has deleted almost every electric car from their car list; there were around 90 electric cars available via the scheme as recently as this week, now there are 9. I wonder whether they have been removed or just temporarily taken down while the advance payments are reviewed and possibly adjusted upwards to reflect the additional cost?
I just thought I’d share in case anyone was interested and to see if anyone wants to share their views.
- All Categories
- 12.8K Start here and say hello!
- 6.5K Coffee lounge
- 30 Games room
- 422 Cost of living
- 4.4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.9K Research and opportunities
- 209 Community updates
- 9.1K Talk about your situation
- 2.1K Children, parents, and families
- 1.5K Work and employment
- 784 Education
- 1.6K Housing and independent living
- 1.4K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 608 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 370 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 756 Transport and travel
- 30.3K Talk about money
- 4.2K Benefits and financial support
- 5.1K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 16.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 4.6K Universal Credit (UC)
- 6.2K Talk about your impairment
- 1.8K Cerebral palsy
- 854 Chronic pain and pain management
- 156 Physical and neurological impairments
- 1.1K Autism and neurodiversity
- 1.2K Mental health and wellbeing
- 322 Sensory impairments
- 815 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions