How long will PIP take, waiting on info from HMP — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How long will PIP take, waiting on info from HMP

Options
nickytrix
nickytrix Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited December 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I served as little as 5 weeks in custody-my PIP benefit was cancelled-reason:- they are waiting for a release form from HMP.. I found the form amongst my leaving papers and sent it with a letter over two weeks ago.. It's not a great deal of money in comparison to what's being paid out to millions of others-but its my only income for bills and food...I have explained that my Mother is having to foot the bills and it is ruining her as she is a pensioner...Why can;t I get this matter resolved   I was told on the phone through an agent at PIP that as soon as they get the information required -the money would be released... how long does it take..Christmas is on the horizon !!  please.. !!

Comments

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Hi @nickytrix I'm sorry to hear how things are at the moment, it's not easy facing uncertainty like this.

All I can say is that there are quite a few big backlogs at the DWP so things are generally taking longer than expected to get where they need to go. It may be that there's a hold up with HMP. But remember, you have done all that you can on your end.

Can I ask when exactly you spoke to the agent on the phone? 

I'll move your post into our PIP category so that it's easier to find for our members, I'm sure they can advise you on what to expect as well.

If you're still unsure about anything, or feel we can support you more, let us know.

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    There are no timescales I’m afraid. Once your claim is up an running again it takes 3-5 working days to receive any money owed. 
    I also note that you said PIP is your only income. Are you living with a working partner? If not then have you looked at claiming Universal Credit? It’s a means tested benefit paid monthly. If your health condition limits your capability to work then you should report your health condition and send it for notes from your GP to start the work capability assessment process off. This is assuming you are not a full time student. https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/universal-credit/
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.