Hi, my name is hope2! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is hope2!

hope2
hope2 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited December 2021 in Autism and neurodiversity
I’m a 50 yr old mum and my daughter is being tested for adhd. Realising that I may have it too as I have done lots of research to try to educate myself to help her. Specifically interested in RSD part of adhd

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,491 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @hope2 :) It's great to have you with us.

I've read quite a few stories of people who've only realised that they might have ADHD once their child has been diagnosed, so you're not the only one to be in this position. 

You're more than welcome to talk about your experiences here on the community. You may be particularly interested in visiting our category for discussions relating to autism and neurodiversity.

Additude Mag have an article about Rejection Sensitivity Dysphoria and ADHD, which you might find interesting.

Would you like to tell us a little more about why you think you might have ADHD, or how this has affected you?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Libby_Alumni
    Libby_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,251 Pioneering
    hope2 said:
    I’m a 50 yr old mum and my daughter is being tested for adhd. Realising that I may have it too as I have done lots of research to try to educate myself to help her. Specifically interested in RSD part of adhd
    Good morning @hope2 :) 

Welcome to the community, how are you today?

Thank you for reaching out and sharing a little bit about yourself and your daughter. 

As @Tori_Scope mentioned, we have a specific autism and neurodiversity category, that shares a lot of information about various conditions. I will move your post into that category, in the hope that our other members will share some of their experiences with you too.

It's great that you've done a lot research already and ultimately, that will help you and your daughter in the long run, to be more informed :). Out of curiosity, what type of information/sources have you been using for your research?

If you have any further questions, then please just let us know and we will be happy to support where we can.

Libby
    Online Community Information Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did we do a good job at answering your queries or concerns? If so, complete our feedback form now. 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @hope2

Thanks for reaching out to us. I always appreciate how much courage it must take to reach out.

How is your daughter's testing for ADHD currently going? 

Are you also hoping to get a diagnosis? If so, are you aware of the diagnosis process for yourself or is this something you would like our support with?

If you have any questions for us or need anything to be clarified, please don't hesitate to reach out. We are here for you and your daughter and I am wishing you both all the best of luck. 

Please feel free to keep us updated  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.