Pip award ended due to receiving award review form late — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip award ended due to receiving award review form late

joey89
joey89 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hi I’m looking for some advice. I completed my pip award form - how your disability affects you and posted it on the 24th of November. The deadline was 30th November. I have received a letter dated 9th December from PIP informing me they have ended my claim because they did not receive my form on time. Has anyone ever dealt with this situation before? I will be contacting them Monday as I did not get the form about ending my claim until Friday evening, but I was hoping someone could tell me what to expect when I do speak to them. 

I have proof of postage too

thanks j

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello you must phone the DWP on Monday morning, be prepared for a long wait for your call to be answered. Do not hang up get comfortable and put your phone on speaker setting so you can be ready to hear your call being answered. Many have waited over an hour to have their call answered. If calling using a mob iPhone the call will be free and the best part unless you are using a cordless landline phone is you can use the bathroom if needed. It great you have your certificate of posting. It is always advised to phone DWP and enquire if they have re your posted information and get and keep your certificate of posting. Good luck and hang in there.
  • joey89
    Thanks for your reply wilko. I’m dreading the call as I have a very demanding toddler who can’t stand me being on the phone. But I am prepared to wait until I speak to someone as I do not feel this is my fault. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    There's been other members that have posted about the same thing and had their claim reinstated when the form was received. There are huge postal backlogs for DWP and the letter telling you your claim has ended may have crossed posted with receiving your review form.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • joey89
    Thanks poppy that’s good to know I’m not the only one. Hopefully I can get it sorted tomorrow 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @joey89 :) I hope the call tomorrow goes well - please do let us know how you get on!
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • joey89
    Thank you Tori I will do :)

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.