DWP received my PIP Payment award review on 2nd September 2021 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DWP received my PIP Payment award review on 2nd September 2021

Manudxp
Manudxp Community member Posts: 67 Connected
Hi,
Is it normal to take so long from receipt of a completed review to respond to the claimant?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2021
    Yes at the moment it is because backlogs are huge. It’s not usual for it to take anything up to 10 months in total. 
    You should expect another assessment which is likely to be by telephone. Most people have them even for reviews.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • _witchcore
    _witchcore Community member Posts: 32 Connected
    My husband's was sent back in June. It hasn't even been passed to the assessment provider yet. It ends in March after being extended from the original end date of December. 
  • Manudxp
    Thanks again Poppy..... How do you know it will be a telephone assessment and can I get tips on what to do/expect etc foe having one?
    I wonder what on earth the assessers can accomplish from a phone call?
    I'm great in the phone plus also great not being face to face being assessed. That would not be a true reflection of how I'd be outside of my comfort zone.
  • Manudxp
    What do you mean it was sent back?

_witchcore said:
    My husband's was sent back in June. It hasn't even been passed to the assessment provider yet. It ends in March after being extended from the original end date of December. 

• _witchcore
    We sent the completed review form back to DWP in June. 
  • Manudxp
    Aha, my apologies I read it as DWP had returned it, I see now thank you.
    So how do you know it's not been passed over yet?

_witchcore said:
    We sent the completed review form back to DWP in June. 

• _witchcore
    edited December 2021
    We moved house in August and when I called to let them know I asked if everything was recieved ok, which it was. Then a couple of months ago I got worried as the award was due to end. When I called I was told the end date is now in March even though the correspondence we had said December and we had heard nothing. I was told it was probably extended as it hadn't been reviewed yet.

Sorry for the confusion, I was trying to reassure you that everything will probably be ok as some have been waiting much longer :smile:
  • Manudxp
    Much appreciated, thanks.
    My PIP got extended until July due to Covid

_witchcore said:
    We moved house in August and when I called to let them know I asked if everything was recieved ok, which it was. Then a couple of months ago I got worried as the award was due to end. When I called I was told the end date is now in March even though the correspondence we had said December and we had heard nothing. I was told it was probably extended as it hadn't been reviewed yet.

Sorry for the confusion, I was trying to reassure you that everything will probably be ok as some have been waiting much longer :smile:

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Manudxp said:
    Thanks again Poppy..... How do you know it will be a telephone assessment and can I get tips on what to do/expect etc foe having one?
    I'm great in the phone plus also great not being face to face being assessed. That would not be a true reflection of how I'd be outside of my comfort zone.

The majority of assessments are still through telephone. Some were face to face but with Covid cases increasing the way they are it's highly likely to be reverting back to telephone only. (if it hasn't already)
    Telephone assessments have been very successful, which is a good thing.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Manudxp
    Let's hope so, thanks again.

poppy123456 said:
    Manudxp said:

The majority of assessments are still through telephone. Some were face to face but with Covid cases increasing the way they are it's highly likely to be reverting back to telephone only. (if it hasn't already)
    Telephone assessments have been very successful, which is a good thing.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.