uc50 I am still waiting for assessment. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

uc50 I am still waiting for assessment.

Options
suzyshatp12
suzyshatp12 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited December 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
 I claim u c. I went sick in june with heart failure .i was in hospital.i provided my  work with sick notes but didn't receive any sick pay from them or statutory sick pay as I only worked part time. I provided sick notes for 4 months to my company  but was sacked after this period because I couldn't tell them when I would be well enough to return to work.in all this time I just received basic uc entitlement. In October I  applied to uc for disability. I filled out form uc50 .I am still waiting for assessment.if I get this will it be back dated to when I first went sick as I read that I would be entitled to it after 28 days of being sick or from when i first filled out the forms.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2021
    Options
    if I get this will it be back dated to when I first went sick as I read that I would be entitled to it after 28 days of being sick or from when i first filled out the forms.

HI,
    I'm not sure where you read that but it's not correct. If you're found to have LCWRA there's a waiting period of 3 full assessment periods and the extra money is then paid from the 4th month of your claim starting from when you first reported your health condition. The waiting period means it's not paid at all for that time. You must also make sure that you continue to send in fit notes without any gaps until a decision's been made on your work capability assessment.
    If you're found to have LCW then there's no extra money paid.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @suzyshatp12 and welcome to the community :) Has poppy's reply been helpful for you?

If you're still unsure about anything let us know, we're here to help.
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    if I get this will it be back dated to when I first went sick as I read that I would be entitled to it after 28 days of being sick or from when i first filled out the forms.
    I'm not sure where you read that but it's not correct. 
    Possibly confused with issue of UC50 being on day 29.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • suzyshatp12
    suzyshatp12 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.