Washing Machine Delivery & Fitting — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Washing Machine Delivery & Fitting

OverlyAnxious
OverlyAnxious Member Posts: 1,721 Disability Gamechanger
Hi,

I'm just looking for reviews/experiences with different companies delivering and fitting a washing machine.  Ideally I need as tight a delivery timescale as possible, and it must be fitted quickly as possible and done correctly first time.

I've been trying to make my current washing machine last until I can move, so that I could just have a new one delivered straight to the new place before I move in.  However, the machine is really on it's last legs now and moving doesn't look possible any time soon, so I'm having to try and work out a way to have it replaced if & when the time comes.

Most of you will know I can't deal with any person (including relatives) face to face, let alone entering my property.  I can't use telephones at all.  And I'm no longer physically strong enough to move a machine alone.  Clearly this is not an ideal situation!!  

I will also add, I had a fridge freezer delivered 6 months ago which was an awful experience in my situation.  Then on top of that, the guys had wedged it so tightly into the gap that I couldn't open the doors, clearly it wasn't useable like that.  Unfortunately having the delivery people in made me so ill I wasn't able to check it until a few hours afterwards...and then had to go through the whole ordeal again a week later to have it swapped with a smaller model.  I really can't cope with a repeat of that for a new washing machine!  I will be measuring more carefully this time but also don't really trust the fitters from that company now.  I can't go through having a separate delivery and fitting either so it needs to all be done in one go.  Oh, and I live up one flight of stairs so it takes 2 people to lift a machine, it can't be done with one person & a sack barrow.

Thanks

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.