Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
My daughter has ASD and extreme social anxiety. Im worried she hasn't been going to college
Hi eveyone. I’m a single mum to four children. 2 with ASD (aspergers).
I am on her to find support, help and advice. My eldest child, 19 year old daughter, doesn’t go out. She has extreme social anxiety & ASD.
She plays on computer games and her phone all day. She has no friends. No idea for the future.
Her social anxiety is so bad that she can’t even bear for the car to pull up along side another car with someone in it if she is with me on a drive.
She has a place at a specialist college but is refusing to go now. She has only walked around the outside of the college and has never been in a classroom with others. I’m so so worried.
Thank you for reading. Sorry this is so long xx
- 50.4K All Categories
- 10K Start here and say hello!
- 4.3K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 137 Community updates
- 11.6K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 685 Work and employment
- 538 Education
- 1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 953 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 255 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 252 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.9K Talk about money
- 1.8K Benefits and financial support
- 4.3K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.6K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.1K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.8K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 612 Chronic pain and pain management
- 669 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 724 Autism and neurodiversity
- 874 Mental health and wellbeing
- 290 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.