PIP tribunal date confirmed — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP tribunal date confirmed

rosie118
rosie118 Community member Posts: 33 Connected
So, I've had my tribunal date confirmed. Fair to say I am absolutely terrified. Not sure anyone can say much to ease my worry, just figured this was a safe space to vent and people may understand my fear. 

I am autistic and so far have just been tied in knots by the people I have spoken to throughout the assessment, MR etc. Part of my disability is being unable to communicate very well verbally so it is easy for them to confuse me and me lose track of what I'm saying. I feel I have done very poorly so far and will just mess up at tribunal. 

My partner will be there with me (on the phone) but I don't think she is allowed to actually answer anything? I am so scared and already having meltdowns and panic attacks about the call. I am pretty sure i will just cry and struggle to even talk. Which is never going to help them understand anything. 

Anyway I guess I just wanted to vent. The letter says it will start with them introducing themselves. I don't know if I will then have to introduce myself but even that terrifies me. If anyone knows if there is any kind of structure beyond the introductions that would be great. Will they focus on the points I have disputed? Will they generally talk about my claim? Will they want examples again? Will they ask specific questions or just ask me to explain? Literally any information will really help me to plan for it. The only thing that can in any way ease my anxiety and panic is to know as much as I can about what will happen (I appreciate a lot is just going to be unknown). I will research autism and tribunals as much as i can to try and feel in some way ready. 

Sorry to offload! I have put so much into this process I'm just scared I do what i did on the MR call and just don't explain very well at all. 

Comments

• rosie118
    rosie118 Community member Posts: 33 Connected
    @Username_removed She is the person named throughout, she gets all the post as well etc. I think I do still need to confirm she will be there with me though, doing the call as well. I'll re read the letter today and see what I need to do. 
    I don't have a representative because I couldn't cope with the need to constantly communicate with a new person. Yes I know that isn't helpful. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.