Stupid question about DLA — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Stupid question about DLA

woozle
woozle Member Posts: 2 Listener
When I first applied for my daughter 2 years ago I didn’t understand that it wasn’t about diagnosis and conditions but the impact of these and her care needs.
The explanation is long but put simply; As a result I didn’t fill in mobility at all because although my daughter struggles with it she had no formal diagnosis that I understood as being relevant. 

We’re now looking at her renewal and I’m wondering how to explain this or if I need to or if it’s relevant? I’m worried they’ll compare it to her last claim and be like “uhhhh well you didn’t say she had these issues before so no!”
Since her initial claim we have had a few different diagnoses and I’ve got a much better understanding of what is caused by her conditions and what is just her being clumsy or a typical teenager.

Comments

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.