Hi, my name is slatham53! I'm finding it hard to change my career due to health conditions — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is slatham53! I'm finding it hard to change my career due to health conditions

slatham53
slatham53 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited January 2022 in Work and employment
hi I have joined up because I’m finding it hard to change my career due to health issues and I also have physical pain and mobility /spinal issues . I just need support really for confidence and finding the right job for me that can suit my needs as I do have days when I cannot function due to fatigue and pain . I have about two or three days in week of this other days I have plush days but still fatigue so a pt job would be ok . Also it has to be light work and no more than 16 hours . 

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @slatham53 and a warm welcome to scope, hope you have a look round and join in.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @slatham53 thanks so much for sharing a bit about why you've joined the community, did you know about Scope's Support to Work programme?

It might be worth looking into if you're eligible, as Scope's advisers can support you with things like developing confidence and how to talk to employers about reasonable adjustments.

If there's anything you need help with further, just let us know, and we'll help as best we can :)

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi from me too @slatham53

Hopefully you find something right for you soon.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @slatham53 :) It's great to have you with us. Thanks for posting so honestly about your situation.

I'd definitely second Alex's advice to check out one of our employment services, as they should be able to help you grow in confidence and support you through the difficult process of accessing the right kind of work for you. 

Just to let you know, I've moved your post into our work and employment category and renamed it slightly so that other members will be able to identify your query more easily. I'd also recommend having a scroll through our employment category, as many people are in the same position as you. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.