I am Moving to my first flat on the 12th of January 2022 - UC housing question — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

I am Moving to my first flat on the 12th of January 2022 - UC housing question

lucyvlahos Member Posts: 1 Listener
edited January 7 in Universal Credit (UC)
I am moving into my first flat on the 12th of January and am on pip daily component and LCWRA UC. My assessment period is the 22nd Dec to 21st Jan, will this give me enough time to update my housing on the 12th in time to receive the housing element on my 28th payment for Jan?



  • Ross_Scope
    Ross_Scope Posts: 5,742

    Scope community team

    edited January 7
    Hello @lucyvlahos

    Welcome to the community, I'm sure you'll enjoy taking part on here and please feel free to ask any questions that you may have. 

    You must be very excited about moving into your first flat, I wish you all the best for the move and hope everything goes smoothly.

    Regarding your query about UC, I am uncertain of the answer so I have moved your discussion over to our Universal Credit category and marked it as unanswered. You might find it helpful to have a look through the category, as well as this one about housing, to find related discussions.
    Online Community Coordinator

    Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

    Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 25,649 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes it should be plenty of time. If you’re renting privately you will need a copy of your tenancy agreement as proof of liability to pay rent. 
    If you’re renting from social housing then you won’t need anything as proof.


Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.